April 14, 2012

5 Miracle foods that will detox your body

We want to admit it or not, we all over dose on food during holidays and Easter for me was no different. Somehow I always end up making excuses for why it's ok to have that extra chocolate egg or have a second portion of lamb roast and in my mind things get twisted in such ways that even the hot cross buns are good for me. Then, after everything is over and I go back to my regular schedule, I realized what i've done and try to make up for it. Funny thing the human mind is!

If you're like me, you know that after any holiday the body needs to detox and the best way to do it is to drink lots and lots of green tea which is considered a safe diuretic ( I make a 1.5l pitcher of tea and drink it through the day) and incorporate foods in your diet that will help you detox your body without having to starve yourself.

Here is a list of 5  foods i use to detox my body in a natural healthy way:

1. Lemons
Lemons are high in vitamin C which is one of the best detox vitamins around and they aid the liver in its cleansing processed. In the morning, when you prepare the green tea, add in the pitcher a sliced lemon. Add 3 green tea bags and poor boiling water on top. Leave to cool and drink it through the day.

CONTINUE READING

No comments:

Post a Comment