March 28, 2012

Swiss rolls trifle

I've always liked swiss rolls and, used to serve it as is, just sliced and placed on a platter. But a few months ago when i was visiting a friend of mine I saw a different, more interesting way of serving it so now it's how I serve it too. And of course, like all things English, my husband love it.

You can choose to make the swiss rolls from scratch or buy ready made. I personally buy mine because making them takes a lot of time and the ones from the store as just as good. Besides, cost less to buy them than make them.

What you need is:
  • 500 grams swiss roll ( choose your favorite flavor, doesn't matter)
  • 600 grams wiped cream
  • 1 packet gelatin ( about 8 grams)
  • 600 grams forest berries, strawberries and bananas (mix them as you wish)
  • custard
Whip the cream until it gets stiff. Dissolve the gelatine in 5 tablespoons of warm water.... CONTINUE READING

No comments:

Post a Comment