March 26, 2012

Sour cherry cake

This is another recipe that reminds me of my beloved grandmother. Every time I think of her I see her in the kitchen cooking one of her delicious foods and deserts were one of her strong points in the kitchen.

This recipe, like many I like to cook, are very easy to make and can be done any time of the year using frozen or canned sour cherries. I don't like very sweet deserts and this is one of my favorites just because the sour cherries give a tart taste to the cake which I love.

What you need is:
  • 500 grams sour cherries without the stone
  • 6 eggs
  • 300 grams white sugar
  • 300 grams white flour
  • 4 tablespoons sunflower oil
  • 1 packed baking powder (about 8 grams)
  • hot water
If you're using canned or frozen sour cherries, strained then and then put them on paper towels to lose as much liquid as possible. If you're using fresh ones..... CONTINUE READING

No comments:

Post a Comment