April 20, 2012

Lebanese Tabbouleh Salad

Since I am still detoxing my body after the Easter holidays, I thought I should share a Lebanese salad recipe my sister used to make all the time and which I started to make after tasting it. It's a very easy to make salad, affordable and very healthy making it a perfect spring salad.

The tabbouleh salad is one of the most known Lebanese foods and it's served with starters such as humus paste, falafel and the like. I sometimes serve it next to humus but most of the times I serve it with lamb because it makes a perfect side salad.

What you need is:

-3-4 big bunches of parsley
-3 tomatoes
-1 red onion
-3 table spoons couscous (you can also use buckwheat )
-1 cucumber
-2 lemons
-1 table spoons oregano
-1 table spoon mint
-3 table spoons olive oil
-salt and pepper to taste

Boil the couscous until soft, strain it and leave aside. I prefer couscous to buckwheat, i think it's more tasty, but you can use any, it all depends on your taste.

Wash the parsley... CONTINUE READING

No comments:

Post a Comment