March 7, 2012

Delicious stuffed peppers

This recipe reminds me of home and my childhood years. Every time I cook it, it takes me back to my high school years when I would come home and find my mother in the kitchen cooking one of her many magic recipes.
The stuffed peppers are easy to make and will take about 1 hour to cook. I usually cook enough for 2 or 3 days, but you can scale down the recipe to fit your needs. 

 What you need is:
  • 10 large peppers
  • 2 pounds ground pork meet
  • 2 pounds ground beef meet
  • 2/3 cup rice
  • 2 chopped white onions
  • 4 table spoons of sunflower oil
  • 2 table spoons of flour
  • 2 cups of tomato paste
  • 10 table spoons of sour cream or plain fat yogurt
  • one hand full of fine chopped parsley
  • salt & pepper
Preheat the oven at 280.

Clean the peppers, take the seeds out and leave them to dry upside down. Cook 1 fine chopped onion in 2 table spoons of sunflower oil until golden CONTINUE READING.

No comments:

Post a Comment