March 17, 2012

Creamy Smoked Ham And Potato Soup

My mother is an inspiration to me when it comes to cooking, everything I know I learned from her as I am sure she learned it from her mother. But when I think she can't surprise me anymore, she comes up with amazing recipes that are so easy to make and so tasty.

This is one of them and I am happy to share it with you all. My husband loves it and I can't be more happier to see him lick the bowl and ask for seconds.





What you need for this delicious smoked ham and potato soup is:
  • 1 kg pealed potatoes ( use white ones, they are more soft and make the soup more creamier compared to the red ones)
  • 100 gr celery
  • 300 gr smoked ham
  • 2 liters water ( or vegetable stock – I use water but my mother uses the stock)
  • 4 big tablespoons butter
  • 4 big tablespoons white flour
  • 300 gr sour cream ( or high-fat yogurt)
  • 1/2 tablespoon ground white pepper (any pepper if you don't have the white one, I use it because it doesn't changes the color of the soup)
  • salt to your taste
Start by adding the potatoes, celery, ham and water (vegetable stock) in a pot.... CONTINUE READING

No comments:

Post a Comment